Buses and Accessibility
RELBUS believes that:
- Bus services should be easy to identify and destinations and direction of travel obvious.
- Companies should use standard liveries
- Buses are easy to board and that coach style buses only used in emergencies
- Low floor bus should be used
- That kerbside improvements are made where practical to make boarding easier for the less abled
- Instructions and training are routinely administered to drivers to assist the less abled
- General information about the “accessibility” of bus services to passengers with additional mobility requirements is wanting.
- Buses are clean and fresh, easy to move about in; provide adequate storage and properly heated and ventilated; driven thoughtfully and basically comfortable
- That drivers are friendly and welcoming; assist those with mobility problems; provide useful and helpful information and
- That driver service is monitored, perhaps using Mystery Shopping
Q9. Do you agree with RELBUS’ view that this is what bus users should expect as a minimum?