RELBUS believes there a number of ingredients to Fair Fares:
- Fare levels should be affordable fares to ensure that bus travel remains accessible to all sections of the community
- Exact fares will only apply where there is a flat fare in place
- All operators have promotional multiple ticket purchasing of season ticketing
- Smart payments using contactless payment and mobile telephony, perhaps before boarding could make life much easier for passengers and encourage patronage
- Through ticketing or joint ticketing whereby a ticket bought from one operator, is valid on any other serving the same route.
Q6. Do you agree that RELBUS should work towards this?