We are a group of volunteers who are concerned about the quality of our local bus services. We have set up this group to engage with local bus companies and East Lothian Council to work towards the affordable services we need. We welcome new members.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or become a member by signing up on the right. Membership is free and you will get occasional updates on our progress, and the opportunity to contribute to our campaigns.
Our aims are to liaise with the bus service providers to:
- improve the reliability and frequency of the local bus services
- promote and encourage the use of the local bus services
- negotiate reasonable fares/season tickets/discount cards for local people
We represent people living in and travelling to rural East Lothian, whether they live work or play in the area. We focus on issues affecting rural areas as these generally have the poorest quality of service, but speak up for all bus users in East Lothian.
The RELBUS committee meets regularly to try and move things forward, but nothing will happen overnight. We need your enthusiasm to make positive changes and would be glad of your help. Current committee members are:
- Barry Turner (Chair)
- Allison Cosgrove (Secretary)
- Morag Haddow (Communications and membership)
- Harry Barker (North Berwick and Coastal Villages Area representative)
- Jacqui Bell (Dunbar Area Representative)
- Ralph Averbuch (Pencaitland & Ormiston Representative)
- Vacancy (Haddington Area Representative)
- Vacancy (East Linton and Inland Villages Area representative)
- Vacancy (East Lammermuir Area representative)