HADDINGTON TOWN HOUSE MEIKLE ROOM 1400hrs
- Welcome and apologies
- Points regarding services of East Coast Buses, Eve, Prentice, and borders Buses, if any
- Haddington – Humbie service 109 – low usage
- New Humbie to Tranent service via East Saltoun and New Winton connecting with 113 at Pencaitland Park
- Roadworks and congestion
- Service information at Belhaven bus stops
- Bus rail connectivity update.
- Ramifications of The Equality Act (2010) including SESTRAN real time bus information at North Berwick station
- New East Lothian Bus Map
- East Lothian Bus Charter – minor revisions proposed regarding passengers flagging down a bus
10th meeting – Wednesday 5th April 2017
Council Chamber, Town House, Haddington
AGENDA Continue reading East Lothian Bus Forum
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) last year opened an investigation into East Coast Buses running the Dunbar-Edinburgh, and North Berwick-Edinburgh services, recently abandoned by First Group. The argument was that, as a subsidiary of Lothian Buses, it was not providing proper competition on the Musselburgh end of the routes. RELBUS is delighted to see that a sensible decision has been made on this matter as, on 23rd January, ahead of the 9th February deadline, the Competition and Markets Authority released the following statement:
Continue reading Good news for local bus services
RELBUS has provided further evidence of the improvements to the local bus service as a result of East Coast Buses taking over from First at the end of the summer. The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) had been concerned about lack of competition on part of the route, but RELBUS argues that this is far from being the case with no less than four fully independent and thriving bus operators in the area, and the quality and frequency of services into Edinburgh and across the county continues to improve.
You can read our response (written by RELBUS chair Harry Barker) here.