It’s really encouraging that so many local people in rural East Lothian have shown an interest in being a part of RELBUS. We now have 25 members.
Some major changes are planned for public transport in East Lothian which involve cutting some services and introducing new services but at the moment overall picture is not clear. We are trying to collect information from different sources. We know:
- First bus is cutting X8 service
- X6 will not serve Hallhill any more
- Eve’s Coaches are planning to launch new buses
- It is not yet clear whether the Gabalanzie and A1 services will stop or be modified
- Sestran is (still) planning to introduce Real Time Bus Information at East Lothian
East Lothian Council have defined their supported services and put these out to tender. These returns will be assessed and discussed with East Lothian Council’s administration.