Look for it
Become a member
- Work on the Great Glen Cycle route a stage closer
- Scottish fare rise capped at an average 1.9%
- Multi-million contract for A96 dualling work published
- £500,000 fund will make ferries more accessible
- Fourth Generation roads maintenance contracts begin in the East of Scotland
- Concessionary travel scheme is just the ticket
- Another multi-million pound A9 dualling contract awarded
- Satisfaction with public transport at 71 per cent
- A High Ranking Bridge
- Pre-start works agreement for AWPR
- Lifeboat rescues kayaker from sea off North Berwick coast - BBC News
- Five things you need to know today Edinburgh! - The Edinburgh Reporter
- Bus firm interested in shipbuilder - East Lothian News
- Anger over cash cut to community bus in Tranent - East Lothian News
- Views wanted on rail travel - East Lothian News
- Kirsten's tribute to their sacrifice - East Lothian Courier
- Councils make 'town hall rich list' - East Lothian News
- Haddington firm's bus-rail link hits the buffers - East Lothian News
- Councillor Dave Berry: The train now stowed out on platform one - East Lothian Courier
- Bus link between Haddington and Wallyford is axed just six months in - East Lothian Courier
Monthly Archives: April 2012
We’ve just got a copy of this news release. On the face of it this is disappointing news, but perhaps not unsurprising. Some political mileage is going to be extracted by the opposition parties, but this should not distract any of the parties from finding short and longer term solutions. But what do members think?
What no bus?
In the light of recent announcements we thought it would be a good idea to set out some of the steps we can all take to ensure the politicians and operators respond appropriately. We are encouraging all RELBUS members to make personal representations to elected members, your local councillors and community councillors. Get [...]
We’ve found a way of aggregating the latest bus news from a variety of local and national sources, without lifting a finger.
You can get to the page straight from the top menu of relbus.org.uk or via this link:
Hopefully it will save you all a bit of time keeping track of events as they evolve.
We will try and arrange a meeting at the earliest opportunity with Paul Mclennan.
Transport Minister Keith Brown today met East Lothian Council leader Paul McLennan and First Group’s Neil Barker to discuss changes to bus services in the area.
The Minister offered his support to East Lothian and Midlothian councils in finding a way forward [...]
Peter Armstrong (Relbus Chair) gave a summary of RELBUS’s year:-
Most of the work has been relating to complaints, but RELBUS have managed to hold meetings in Dunbar, Haddington and East Linton. Meetings have also been held with Paul Thomas from First and Richard Perryman. Both were keen to help, for example Mr Perryman [...]