Look for it
Become a member
- New road safety measures for Ayrshire coast
- Information for motorists as ground investigation work due to start for A9 Dualling scheme
- Plan for replacement PSO planes enters tendering phase
- Updated guidance for parents and guardians of young drivers
- Thousands visit the AWPR/B-T exhibitions
- Further funding for Scotland’s bus industry
- A75 Hardgrove opens to traffic
- Communities turn out in their hundreds for AWPR/B-T Exhibitions
- Road and station opening signals improved public transport for Gleneagles
- Continued reductions in casualties on Scotland’s roads
- Commuting facts from around the world - Express.co.uk
- Police trace missing teenagers - East Lothian News
- Bus link between Haddington and Wallyford is axed just six months in - East Lothian Courier
- Friends attacked on way home from Musselburgh club - East Lothian News
- Injured woman's anger at long wait for a doctor - East Lothian Courier
- 'Trapped' OAPs demand return of lifeline bus link - Edinburgh Evening News
- Action wanted to improve bus services for tourists in East Lothian - East Lothian News
- A visit to East Lothian - hellomagazine.com (blog)
Monthly Archives: April 2012
We’ve just got a copy of this news release. On the face of it this is disappointing news, but perhaps not unsurprising. Some political mileage is going to be extracted by the opposition parties, but this should not distract any of the parties from finding short and longer term solutions. But what do members think?
What no bus?
In the light of recent announcements we thought it would be a good idea to set out some of the steps we can all take to ensure the politicians and operators respond appropriately. We are encouraging all RELBUS members to make personal representations to elected members, your local councillors and community councillors. Get [...]
We’ve found a way of aggregating the latest bus news from a variety of local and national sources, without lifting a finger.
You can get to the page straight from the top menu of relbus.org.uk or via this link:
Hopefully it will save you all a bit of time keeping track of events as they evolve.
We will try and arrange a meeting at the earliest opportunity with Paul Mclennan.
Transport Minister Keith Brown today met East Lothian Council leader Paul McLennan and First Group’s Neil Barker to discuss changes to bus services in the area.
The Minister offered his support to East Lothian and Midlothian councils in finding a way forward [...]
Peter Armstrong (Relbus Chair) gave a summary of RELBUS’s year:-
Most of the work has been relating to complaints, but RELBUS have managed to hold meetings in Dunbar, Haddington and East Linton. Meetings have also been held with Paul Thomas from First and Richard Perryman. Both were keen to help, for example Mr Perryman [...]